Spinach & Artichoke Dip Stuffed Chicken
I am pretty sure you've looked in your freezer and said to yourself, "Chicken again?" The same boring baked chicken gets boring after awhile. Here is a recipe that your family will enjoy and you can get it all done in under 45 minutes. These stuffed chicken is so incredibly easy and so tasty. A little tip, if you don't feel like buying all the ingredients to make the dip, you can always buy premade spinach & artichoke dip.
What you’ll need (4 servings):
· 1 to 1 ½ lbs. Boneless chicken breasts (4 - 4-oz. portions)
· ¼ cup – Greek Yogurt
· ½ cup – Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
· 4 oz. – Whipped cream cheese
· 2 tbs. – Olive oil or avocado oil
· ½ cup – Artichoke Spread or Artichoke hearts (thinly sliced)
· ½ cup frozen spinach drained
· ½ tsp of 21 Seasoning Salute (Trader Joe’s) or simple Salt & Pepper will do
· Salt & Pepper
1. Pound chicken breast to about 1-inch thick (if needed). Using a sharp knife cut each chicken breast down the middle to make pockets (do not cut all the way through). Season chicken breasts with ½ teaspoon of 21 seasoning salute.
2. In a medium-sized bowl combine the Greek yogurt, Mozzarella cheese cream cheese, spinach, artichoke hearts, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
3. Fill each chicken breast with equal amounts of your spinach & artichoke filling.
4. In a large skillet over medium heat add oil and then add the stuffed chicken breasts. Cover skillet and cook for 8-10 minutes on each side, or until chicken reaches 165 degrees with a meat thermometer.
5. If you have additional filling leftover, add additional filling to the skillet to heat it up. Once chicken is done cooking serve with your side of choice. A few options would be rice, veggies, mashed potatoes, mashed cauliflower or pasta.
If you're thinking about trying this meal, I'd love to hear all about it. Add to your Instagram in-feed post or stories and tag me @baileyhouse2home and use the hashtags #CookingWithNisha and #BaileyHouse2Home. Feel free to leave a comment below and tell a friend where you found this recipe.