What you'll need (6 to 8 servings):
1 tbsp - vegetable oil
3 cloves of garlic (minced)
1/2 tsp - cumin
1 small yellow onion (diced)
1/4 tsp - cayenne pepper (optional)
2 (15 oz cans) black beans, no need to drain or rinse
1/4 tsp - salt
1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
Queso fresco (optional)
1. Heat a skillet (cast iron works best) over medium-high heat. Add in the oil and allow to heat
2. Add diced onions and saute for about 6 minutes, until softened.
3. Add minced garlic, cayenne pepper, cumin. Saute for about 60 seconds.
4. Add in black beans including the liquid. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes on med-low heat.
5. Garnish with cilantro and queso fresco (if using). Serve.
If you're thinking about trying this meal, I'd love to hear all about it. Add to your Instagram in-feed post or stories and tag me @baileyhouse2home and use the hashtags #CookingWithNisha and #BaileyHouse2Home. Feel free to leave a comment below and tell a friend where you found this recipe.