Looking for an easy dinner idea? Look no further! This Garlic lime chicken is easy to make, uses spices you probably already have in your pantry and budget friendly because we all know that leg quarters and thighs can be cheap as hell. The chicken is super flavorful and will easily become a family favorite. It can be made either in the oven and even taste great when cooked on the BBQ grill. This is what we had tonight with some black beans, cilantro-lime rice and tortillas.
What you'll need (serves 4 to 6):
4 chicken leg quarters or 6 chicken thighs
1/2 tsp - Onion Powder
1/2 tsp - Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp - Black Pepper
1/8 tsp - Salt
1/2 tsp - Paprika
1 tsp - Parsley
2 tbsp - olive oil
3 tbsp - lime juice
1 tbsp - minced garlic
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Season your chicken the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and parsley. Transfer chicken to an oven safe dish.
3. In a small bowl, combine lime juice, olive oil, and garlic. Spoon the mixture over chicken .
4. Place chicken in oven for about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Baste the chicken every 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and allow chicken to rest for about 4 to 5 minutes then serve.
If you're thinking about trying this meal, I'd love to hear all about it. Add to your Instagram in-feed post or stories and tag me @baileyhouse2home and use the hashtags #CookingWithNisha and #BaileyHouse2Home. Feel free to leave a comment below and tell a friend where you found this recipe.